Friday, August 17, 2012

First Day of Pre-K (+ Boys and Food)

Excuse me, but weren't you just a baby, like...yesterday?


I swear it's not that I'm getting older, it's the teachers who are getting younger. (Yet still old enough to have gone to grad school and gotten married, and then taught for a few years, and then have children of their own.)

(Good gawd.)


(See young but not too young teacher?)

After we dropped her off the boys and I ran into one of my shorter friends, and after last week's most insane growth spurt ever my 9 year old is closing in on 5 feet and some adults. Pretty sure those size 12 school pants I bought on super clearance earlier this summer are going to waste.

Then after school they had like 48 snacks, including appetizers that ran into dinner, because omg they couldn't wait another 20 minutes for 5 o'clock. In less than an hour they consumed 2lbs of blueberries, 3 apples, some grapes, 2+ lbs of yogurt, 1.75 lbs turkey meatloaf, 1.5 lbs of mini carrots, and an entire Costco 6 pack of romaine hearts.

AND THEY WERE STILL HUNGRY.

But I cut the little locusts off, promising them more food in an hour, because let's just stop for a moment and give your brain a chance to catch up with your stomach, 'kay?

(Sorry dear, they ate it all. Again. Can you heat us up some soup?)

1 comment:

T.J. said...

swinging by from the bird's nest- just sent my little man off to preschool as well. I used to teach kindergarten, so this whole experience is surreal- wonderful, but surreal! As if, I should be taking in strangers children and teaching them, not passing my own off to a teacher!