Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Something Happy

With all the sadness in the world lately, I feel the need to post something happy.

VoilĂ  one "Smiling Porcupine"

(And if you happen to be eating your Wheaties at the present time urine is mentioned in a not so appetizing way below.)

Being the weirdo that I am, I asked the Cracker if he knew what porcupines eat. His guess? Popcorn.

So we ran to the computer to Wiki it.

Salt. They like salt. I enjoy popcorn for the salt, so awesome guess in my book. Know what else they like?

"Natural sources of salt consumed by porcupines include varieties of salt-rich plants (such as yellow water lily and aquatic liverwort), fresh animal bones, outer tree bark, mud in salt-rich soils, and objects impregnated with urine."

One day I shall remember to read ahead.

No comments: