Thursday, June 15, 2006

Leaving town

Tomorrow morning bright and early we're hauling our asses to Colorado. This will be our first car trip with the Cracker in a year, so we'll see how that goes. He's great on a plane if that helps, which I'm sure it doesn't. I'm crossing my fingers and bringing lots of snacks. Oh wait...we're taking J's car. Crap. I can't believe I just thought of that NOW. No eating in J's car. Okay, what to bring, what to bring...

(Yeah, I know, you're thinking: portable DVD player. No flames here, but I'm not going to go buy one, or even try to borrow one. It's just not me. He already gets way more TV than I'd like at home. We'll suffer loudly instead.)

Along with visiting the fam, Saturday we're going to go do "Day Out With Thomas" again. It was a hit last year, and I think this year will be even more fun. The Cracker also has an older boy cousin who is amazing with him we'll get to see. He's almost 7, and this kid is perfect! He knows just how hard he can rough and tumble with the Cracker and never ever does anything that drives my paranoid mind wild with worry. It's quite the sight to see the two of them rolling around getting out all their childhood frustrations. It's the kind of rumbling I never see between the Cracker and friends who are his own age and it always takes both J and I by surprise. THIS is big boy stuff.

As for the leaving town part...don't bother breaking in. We have a monitored alarm system protecting our (10 year old beat to shit) Target furniture and Teletubbie collection.*

It's just not worth it.

Have a great weekend!


*Before you decide we're total assholes for having a home alarm, I promise to share with you why soon. It involves my kick ass mom.

No comments: