Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Never a dull moment

Today I have a lot of crappy things I need to get done while the Cracker is napping. My dad, who is the sweetest guy, sent me a Starbucks gift card I got in the mail yesterday. (I wish he'd give J some lessons.) So on the way home I decided to get a drink on my dad to enjoy while I sit on the couch procrastinating by watching Dr. Phil, even though I *hate* Dr. Phil. The only time I watch him is when I have things that I really don't want to do, and then to make it bearable I yell at the TV for fun.

We pull into the parking lot and head for the drive thru.

S: Welcome to Starbucks. Order when ready.
Me: Yes, I...
(interruped by yelling from the backseat)
C: MY MOMMY NEED A BIG ICE* TEA. I NEED...UMM...A COOKIE AND...UMM...A WABER TOO.
S: I'm sorry, I didn't get that.
C: PEASE!

(He didn't get the cookie. Instead he got to have zucchini muffins I made when we got home.)

*new word

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I think this is a really cute story about Cracker ordering at Starbucks.

I have to ask, why do you hate Dr. Phil? I love Dr. Phil although I haven't watched in a long time. I always try to figure out what he and his wife are saying to each other as they walk out of the studio. Isn't that sad? I think they are a cute couple though.

I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

Heidi said...

Some how I've gotten it in my head that if I admit I occasionally watch daytime TV as a SAHM I might as well be saying that I'm on the couch stuffing my face with bon-bons. And every time I do watch, I feel compeled to tell my husband what I saw when I could have been cleaning toilets instead. I need to stop ratting myself out!

Mostly, I can't stand some of the men he has on, you know, the loser husbands and the deadbeat 20somethings that live at home and have never had a job. I get so annoyed with these guys, hence the yelling at the TV.

Thanks for reading and commenting!