Friday, June 30, 2006

Why I love the Teletubbies

I know most parents would rather be subjected to a Clockwork Orange inspired Barney marathon than watch 5 minutes of Teletubbies. Not me! I love those kooky bastard Tubbies. As far as Barney is concerned, just hand an uzi over to all your neighborhood toddlers; I may not buy into the whole guns don't kill people, people kill people argument, but if the NRA could change their motto include toddlers snuffing out PBS's purple dinosaur gang I'd join.

So here it is, why I love the Tubbies...

Video: Cracker at 8 months. (57 seconds of pretty much the same thing over and over) That's his baby happy noise btw.

Video: Cracker at 34 months. (12 seconds) Link says it's still processing at post time, hopefully up in the AM

Now please note, I never actually get the camera out until he's already been hysterical for 5 minutes, so this is after it's already been funny two dozen times. Imagine that.

I must admit, I do have one growing concern: every time they say "big hug!" he runs up to the boob tube and tries to get his arms around the 28" screen. Hmmm.

If you're interested in joining our cult, may we recommend our current favorite, best suited for the 2 and up crowd Go! Exercise with the Teletubbies. For the wee ones, we like Baby Animals.


Sneaking in a non-Tubbie watching favorite: here's another. (18 seconds)


I have no idea why the sound gets lagged behind the video image. Oh well.

No comments: